Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dreams Are Realized One Day at a Time


"Pursue your dreams."

It's the phrase so many of us are challenged by every day, but so few of us can grab hold of.  Why do our dreams elude us?  I am not sure about everyone else, but my dreams are so hard to grasp because they are so epically overwhelming and yet painfully vague.

My dream is nothing more or less than changing the world by helping people.  Something painfully complex yet remarkably simple…Today, I sat down and worked with an employee on an online training.  Halfway through, I asked him off-handedly "So, do you have much experience on the computer?”  I expected a “No,” but his answer stopped me in my tracks: “This is the first time I’ve ever used a computer.”  I sat, dumbfounded as he stared intently at a corporate training video, typing, clicking dragging, and learning something brand new.

Today, I changed the world.  I introduced someone to a computer who had never used one before.  WOW!  That’s the thing about pursuing your dreams, it starts now…if you’re watching for it.  Instead of focusing on the lofty life-long bucket list dream, sit down and outline what you can do today to get you one day closer to that dream.  After enough days of moving “one day closer,” you may be shocked to find yourself stepping into your dreams much sooner than you ever though possible.

“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did.” – T.E. Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment